In this video I demonstrate two significant new features of the latest version of Lightroom Classic, version 10.
New Camera Support
- Panasonic LUMIX DC-S5
- Fujifilm X-S10
- Sony A7C (ILCE-7C)
- Sony A7s III (ILCE-7SM3)
New Lens Correction Support
- Voigtlander MFT 60mm f/0.95 Nokton Leica M
- Voigtlander VM 21mm f/1.4 Nokton Aspherical L Mount
- SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN
- SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC DN
- SIGMA 56mm F1.4 DC DN
- SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS C020
- SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS C020 + TC-1411
- SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS C020 + TC-2011
- SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS C020
- Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 50mm F2 Aspherical
- Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 SE Aspherical
- Voigtlander NOKTON 40mm F1.2 SE Aspherical
- Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1.2 SE Aspherical
Features & Enhancements for 10.0 Develop – Color Grading
- With this release, we are introducing Color Grading with the industry-standard three-way color wheels.
- Color Grading allows you to apply a color tint to shadows, midtones, and, highlights along with global Hue on the image.
- Like Split Toning, you can set a hue and saturation, plus you can now also specify a luminance for each range.
- This control replaces Split Toning, but one can still get the old Split Toning behavior with the new controls by moving the Blending slider to 100.
- Using older Split Tone presets or opening older images with Split Tone settings will automatically set the Blending slider to 100 and zero out all midtone settings and all luminance settings.
- Use Shift and Alt/Option keys to make precise adjustments of Hue and Saturation on the color wheel.
- While hovering over the Color Wheels, one could adjust Hue and Saturation values using arrow keys with Option/Alt modifier.
- With this build, we have added new and improved Scrubby and Box Zoom. These give one finer control over zoom levels in loupe, compare and reference views.
- Scrubby Zoom: Dragging the mouse right/left along with Shift key pressed would zoom in/out of the image
- Box Zoom: Drawing a box on an image with Command/Control key pressed would zoom in to the selected area.
- Four Zoom levels in navigator preview have been replaced by three Zoom option:
o Right option shows percentages, ranging between 6% and 1600% except 100%.
- Zoom slider in toolbar above filmstrip has been divided in two portions equally, first half ranging between 6% and 100%; second half ranging between 100% and 1600%.
- Command/Control + Option/Alt + 0 (zero) would zoom into 100% (1:1 in 9.3 or earlier).
- Command/Control + and – would zoom in and out of the image respectively.
- Tether Live View
- With this release, we are adding support for Live View in Tether workflow for Canon Cameras.
- One needs to click on Live button turn Live View on/off.
- Live view from the camera is shown in a separate window which can be resized.
- When Live view is on, we have also added Focus control buttons, including Auto- Focus, in the Tether bar to adjust camera focus.
- Focus controls are enabled only if the lens is in Auto Focus mode.
UI – Updates
With this release, we have changed the Lightroom Classic UI fonts to ‘Adobe Clean’ which is in line with Adobe UI fonts usage guidelines.
Custom Sort Order
With this release, we have made enhancements to Custom sort order for a collection/folder.
With this, we have fixed the issue of one not being able to make changes to Custom sort order after changing it multiple times.
Folder and Collection Scrolling Optimization
We have optimized the scrolling experience in folder and collection panel.
The scrolling improvements will be more evident while scrolling through large number of folders/collections with different color labels.
We have made changes to keep the metadata visible for small scrolls.
With this build, Lightroom Classic 9.x or earlier catalogs would be upgraded. Catalog upgrade creates a new copy of your catalog, so your existing catalog remains intact.
We have added a textbox in catalog upgrade UI so that users can provide catalog name as desired. The default value for this would be <currentCatalogName>-v10.
System Requirement – Updates
- We have dropped support for macOS High Sierra (10.13.x). The minimum macOS version supported is would be macOS Mojave (10.14).
- One would not be able to install Lightroom Classic 10.0 or later builds on macOS High Sierra (10.13.x).
- If you are using macOS High Sierra (10.13.x), we recommend that you update your OS to at least macOS Mojave (10.14).
- We have dropped support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 v1803, v1809. The minimum Windows 10 version supported would v1903 (or later).
- Windows Server 2016 or later is still supported.
- One would not be able to install Lightroom Classic 10.0 or later builds on Windows 7 or Windows 10 v1803.
Installation is not blocked on Windows 10 v1809 to support Windows Server 2019.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 10 v1803/v1809, we recommend that you update your OS to at least Windows v1903.
Morganti’s MUST HAVE apps
At least one RAW Editor
Lightroom – http://bit.ly/2zwQ0nW
Capture One – https://captureone.38d4qb.net/y1Djy
Luminar – http://bit.ly/2JUJxKw (Save with the Promo Code AM16)
On1 Photo RAW – http://bit.ly/2zJmA9I (Save 20% with Promo Code: AM17
Exposure X – http://bit.ly/2U8UxrK (Save 10% with Promo Code: AnthonyMorganti
At least one FULL Editing App
Photoshop – http://bit.ly/2zwQ0nW
Affinity Photo – https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
MUST HAVE Plugins
Topaz Denoise AI – https://bit.ly/3cDqa5J
Topaz Gigapixel AI – https://bit.ly/3cDqa5J
Topaz Sharpen AI – https://bit.ly/3cDqa5J
*Save 15% on all Topaz Labs apps — use the Promo Code: AMDISC15
My MUST HAVE Mac Utility:
CleanMyMac X: https://bit.ly/3jtVpU3
** Note that all of the promo codes listed above may not work on sale product.
*** I am an affiliate for all of the companies listed EXCEPT Affinity Photo. Please read my Code of Ethics Statement:
My Recommended Gear List:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Please support this website. Click the banner below to see how you can help
Unsure of how to price your photography? Check the 2019 Guide to Pricing Your Photography:
I used this software to record my screen in this video
*All links on this page are affiliate links EXCEPT the Affinity Photo Link*